Sign in or
1938-02-05: Celtic 4-0 Arbroath, League Division 1
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1937 - 1938 | 1938 Pictures|
- All of Celtic's goals were scored in a fifteen minute period either side of half time. Crum had a hat trick.
- Five of Glasgow’s six clubs were beaten on Saturday, Celtic being the exception, while their greatest rivals were beaten 6-1 by Dundee and were said to have been lucky to keep the deficit down to five.
- The third British Empire Games opens in Sydney, Australia before a crowd of 40,000.
- David Cockburn (Leith Victoria) was Scottish boxing champion for two seconds on Saturday night before the announcer amended his decision saying the judges had made a mistake and the decision was reversed and given to A. B. Dobbin (Anderson A. B. C.).
- Herald pictures show the new Cunarder taking shape at John Brown’s shipyard, Clydebank.
Kennaway, Hogg, Morrison, Geatons, Lyon, Paterson, Lynch, MacDonald, Crum, Divers, Murphy.
Divers, Crum, (3).
Robertson, Fordyce, Becci, Adams, Gavin, Duff, Adam, McInally, Milne, Devlin, Thomson.
Referee: W. Wilson (Glasgow).
- Match Report (see end of page below)
Latest page update: made by BigNan
, May 23 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by BigNan
21 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page