Sign in or
1938-04-02: Falkirk 3-0 Celtic, League Division 1
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1937 - 1938 | 1938 Pictures|
- Celtic's defenders are no match for the speedy Falkirk forwards, of whom Kenneth Dawson, William Anderson and Robert "Bobby" Keyes scored.
- Jimmy McGrory’s Kilmarnock beat Rangers 4-3 at Hampden Park in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup in front of a crowd of 70,833.
- In the English League, Frank O’Donnell, who joined Celtic with his brother Hugh from Wellesley Juniors scored the vital goal against his brother’s team, Preston North End to dent their hopes of a league and cup double.
- The Boat Race was won by Oxford by two lengths. The race was televised for the first time.
- Britain and France recognise the “Anschluss”, the union of Germany and Austria.
McKie, Nesbit, Peat, Bolt, Shankly, Duffy, Sinclair, Anderson, Keyes, Sharp, Dawson.
Anderson, Dawson, Keyes.
Kennaway, Hogg, Morrison, Geatons, Lyon, Paterson, Carruth, MacDonald, Crum, Divers, Murphy.
Referee: M. C. Hutton (Glasgow).
- Match Report (see end of page below)
Latest page update: made by BigNan
, May 24 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by BigNan
8 words added
2 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page