Sign in or
1938-10-29: Celtic 6-1 Third Lanark, League Division 1
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1938 - 1939 | 1938 Pictures|
- A game of two halfs, with Celtic struggling to lead 1-0 at half time through Jimmy Birrell, then a rout in the second half.
- Injury to international left-back Jimmy Carabine weakens the visitors and allows Celtic an easy victory despite two penalty misses. Jimmy Blair scored a consolation goal for the Hi Hi with the score at 5-0.
- Empire Exhibition closes with a one-day record attendance of 364,092 passing through the Bellahouston turnstiles.
- The Lord Provost of Glasgow has appealed for 600 men to come forward and join the Territorial Army as there is a need for that number to man the anti-aircraft guns and searchlights being sited round the city.
Kennaway, Hogg, Morrison, Geatons, Lyon, Paterson, Delaney, MacDonald, Crum, Divers, Birrell.
Birrell, Crum, Barr (O.G.), MacDonald; (2), Divers.
McAffrey, Carabine, Johnstone, Blair, Barr, Black, Wilson, Mason, Dewar, Jones, Kinnaird.
Referee: M. C. Hutton (Glasgow).
- Match Report (see end of page below)
Latest page update: made by BigNan
, May 28 2012, 4:09 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by BigNan
25 words added
5 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page