Sign in or
1938-11-26: Arbroath 0-2 Celtic, League Division 1
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1938 - 1939 | 1938 Pictures|
- Jackie Watters makes his debut for the Bhoys in place of Malcolm MacDonald who is ill. Goals from Chic Geatons and Johnny Crum are enough to give Celtic the win, but the performance of Joe Kennaway is the highlight for the Herald's reporter.
- SFA may introduce goal-line-judges as a result of a non-goal that gave Rangers a victory at Hampden (See Match Pictures).
- The new 10-Horse-Power, Ford "Prefect" goes on sale at £145.
- Boats of the German Navy's torpedo flotilla carry out manoeuvres in the North Sea.
- Britain has accused Japan of violation of Hong Kong territory when a British Military Post was shelled and machine-gunned.
Robertson, Fordyce, Becci, Adams, Gavin, Urquhart, Gould, Hill, Brand, McInally, Christie.
Kennaway, Hogg, Morrison, Geatons, Lyon, Paterson, Delaney, Watters, Crum, Divers, Murphy.
Referee: J. Thomson (Hamilton).
- Match Report (see end of page below)
Latest page update: made by BigNan
, May 28 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by BigNan
47 words added
2 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page