Sign in or
1939-02-04: Montrose 1-7 Celtic, Scottish Cup
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1938 - 1939 | 1939 Pictures|
- Jimmy Delaney is accorded star billing in this rout of Montrose whose only goal was scored by Rodi.
- Celtic having scored 8 goals in the previous round take their tally to 15 cup goals after two rounds.
- Everton beat Liverpool before 66,000 at Annfield to go top in the English League.
- 75,000 watch Rangers beat Hamilton Accies in the cup at Ibrox drawing in £3,000.
- Blairgowrie had 1,880 spectators to see them draw with Buckie Thistle drawing in £78 in gate money.
- Dr Juan Negrin, Republican Spain's Prime Minister accompanied by his Foreign Minister and other members of the Government left Figueras for Madrid yesterday. Other Republican Ministers are now in France.
Crosskey, Soutar, Yorke, McMahon, Harrison, Baigrie, Ross, Adam, Rodi, Sinclair, Galloway.
Kennaway, Hogg, Morrison, Lynch, Lyon, Paterson, Delaney, MacDonald, Crum, Divers, Murphy.
Delaney, McDonald, Divers (2) and Crum (3).
Referee: A. Henderson (Kirkcaldy).
- Match Report (see end of page below)
Latest page update: made by BigNan
, May 21 2012, 5:40 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by BigNan
18 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page