Sign in or
1940-04-03: Hamilton Academicals 5-0 Celtic, League Western Division
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1939 - 1940 | 1939-40 Pictures|
- The centre-forward of Hamilton Accies referred to in the Herald article below is probably Englishman David Wilson who occupied that position for Motherwell in the 1930's there was also a Frank Wilson who played outside right.
- Thursday April 4, the Herald reports the SFA has switched upcoming Old-Firm game from Parkhead to Ibrox.
- 56 goals were scored in 8 Scottish games.
- The Chief Constable of Glasgow, Mr P. J. Sillitoe, in his annual report for 1939 records an appalling increase in the number of fatal accidents in the city during the four months of black-out and urges the introduction of some form of pedestrian control.
Smith; O’Neill and Morrison; McFarlane, Lyon and Paterson; Gould and McDonald; Carruth, Divers and Murphy.
Wilson (3), Harper?, McIntyre.
- Match Report (see end of page below)
Latest page update: made by BigNan
, May 20 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by BigNan
37 words added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page