Sign in or
1951-11-17: Celtic 3-1 Airdrieonians, League Division A
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1951 - 1952 | 1951-52 Pictures|
- Bertie Peacock was back fit and McAlindon dropped out.
- Game kick off time was 2:50 and entrance prices were 5/- for the stand, 2s 3d for the Enclosure and 1s 6 for the Ground and boys were 7d (all including tax!). These prices were similar for all clubs.
- The death was announced of former Celt Alec McNair. Willie Maley said of him, "he was a treasure and a gentleman in every sense of the word. In 20 years of service I had never once to alter my first impression of him. Alec was the coolest and most thoughtful player I have seen."
- An inside left, Willie Morrison of Loanhead Mayflower was trying out with Celtic reserves. He would be signed on the 24th
ReviewThough a victory there was no glimpse of a consistent recovery. McPhail was noted as failing to spark and was out-played by Rodgers. Fallon was said to be 'brutal' in the tackle. In contrast Boden was ".... merely vehement without being intimidatory."
Bell; Fallon, Rollo; Evans, Boden, Baillie; Collins, Walsh, McPhail, Peacock, Tully .
Scorers: Walsh (9), Peacok (10), McPhail (58)
Fraser; T Brown, Elliot; Cairns, Rodgers, Shankland; W Brown, McMillan, Quinn, Welsh, McCulloch.
Scorers: McMillan (67)
Referee: J Hosie (Johnstone)
- Match Report (see end of page below)
- Match Pictures
Latest page update: made by pachucocadaver
, Mar 30 2012, 5:10 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by pachucocadaver
2 words added
2 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page