Sign in or
1959-04-11: Stirling Albion 0-1 Celtic, League Division 1
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1958 - 1959 | 1958-59 Pictures|
- In came John Donnelly for Kurila; Malky Slater came in on the right wing with McVittie moving in one and Lochhead and Colrain switched places with Divers missing out. Frank Haffey had taken a knock against Motherwell but he was fit enough to take goal minding duties for this game.
- On the day of the game Duncan MacKay and Bobby Evans played for Scotland against England in a 1-0 defeat. It was MacKay's first cap with the senior international side.
- In a top-of-the-table clash Hearts beat Rangers 2-0 at Tynecastle to set up a thrilling finish to the season. Hearts HAD to win in their last game against Aberdeen with Rangers losing their last game.
- The Reserves beat the Albion Reserves at Celtic Park 2-0 with a team of Beattie, Gribben, Kennedy, Kurila, Jack, Clark, Paton, Chalmers, Byrne, Tully, Murphy.
ReviewAn even game to start, with both teams having chances. By 20 minutes Celtic had the upper hand and forced a series of saves from the Binos keeper. McVittie got the goal from a free kick from Malky Slater.
Stewart; Hailstones, Pettigrew; Bell, Sinclair, Pierson; Benvie, Simpson, Gilmour, Spence, Callan.
Haffey; Donnelly, Mochan; Smith, McNeill, Peacock; Slater, McVittie, Lochhead, Colrain, Auld.
Scorers: McVittie (43)
Referee: J Stewart (Paisley)
- Match Report (see end of page below)
Latest page update: made by pachucocadaver
, Apr 1 2013, 4:45 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by pachucocadaver
34 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page