Sign in or
1979-09-29: Celtic 3-1 St Mirren, Premier League
- Celtic play in green socks.
- Celtic fans cheer loudly at full time when it is announced that Rangers have went down 2-1 to Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.
- A healthy crowd turned out on a fine early Autumn afternoon with Murdo MacLeod firing home a now trade mark early free kick, beating Billy Thomson at his left hand post.
- Roddy MacDonald scored the second from a MacLeod cross and four minutes later was sent off with Saints' Doug Somner after a linesman noticed both players flapping hands at each other whilst tussling for the ball, both players walked from the field consoling each other. It was a harsh decision but made for an open game.
- Stark pulled one back in 76 before McAdam showed great improvisation, acrobatically hooking home a goal, after his initial header had thumped against the bar.
TeamsCeltic:- Latchford Sneddon McGrain Aitken MacDonald McAdam Provan Davidson McCluskey (Lennox) MacLeod Doyle
St Mirren:-Goal:- Stark 76.
- Match Report (see below)
Latest page update: made by st.anthony
, Aug 31 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by st.anthony
1 word added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page