Sign in or
In 1994, the Celtic Board made up of the old "Biscuit Tin" families that had played a dominant role in much of Celtic's history were finally ousted, and replaced with a new board fronted by the Scots-Candian businessman Fergus McCann.
This section documents the details of what went on in the periods before, during and after the takeover.
The articles below cover the main figures involved and the part played by the fans in the whole saga.
It was a truly emotional and difficult time for all.
A good overview can be read at the following link.
- Celtic United - (Celtic View 01/04/1992)
- How Peace Broke Out/Battle With No Losers (Celtic View 08/04/92)
- "The Rebels have won"
- Cambuslang site plans
- Citizen McCann (2004) Sunday Herald Article
- Walkout - Letter from Celtic (8th March 1994)
- Independent Magazine Article (20th Nov 1993)
- Miscellaneous Articles
- Fergus McCann Letter to Supporters (1994)
The Biscuit Tin Board
Scotsman Newspaper ArticlesMon 31/01/1994
- Fergus McCann seizes control of Celtic
- Saviour' stripped of his powers
- Celtic plan future under Dempsey
- New era at Celtic - once three quit
- Celtic on threshold of brave new age
- Nightmare year draws to a close
- Fans in paradise as Celtic's saviours reach their goal
- Sun shines again on Paradise
- Sack The Board
- Rebels In Paradise (1994)/The McCann Takeover
- Paradise Lost: The Struggle For Celtic's Soul
- Celtic Minded: 510 Days In Paradise
- The McCann Years: The Inside Story of Celtic's Revolution
- Emotionally Celtic
- YouTube video from Reporting Scotland 1994
- YouTube video from BBC Sportscene team 1994
- YouTube video from BBC National news programme 1994
Latest page update: made by joebloggscity
, May 8 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by joebloggscity
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: celtic celtic controversies celtic fc celtic football celtic football club celtic takeover kerrydale kerrydale street
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|LuboTheMagician||Celtic Twilight? A Club in crisis Article from 20th Nov 1993||0||Mar 24 2010, 5:15 PM EDT by LuboTheMagician|
Thread started: Mar 24 2010, 5:15 PM EDT Watch
This is a piece the Independent magazine from the 20th of November 1993.
To put it in it's content at that time the Kelly's, the Whites & the Grant's are still in charge of the club, but Fergus McCann is very much on the scene and Lou Mcarai had just lead Celtic to a last minute win at Ibrox.
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page