Sign in or
1977-04-16: Hibernian 0-1 Celtic, Premier Division
|Match Pictures | Matches: 1976 - 1977 | 1976-1977 Pictures|
- Celtic win their first ever Premier League title.
- Hibs chairman Tom Hart controversially bans the TV cameras from recording the game.
- Hart vindictively also bans the Celtic film club from recording the game. Cine club even banned from filming celebrations in dressing room at full time.
- Hart's attitude keeps the crowd down to 22,000 when 30,000 plus would normally have been expected
- Captain Kenny Dalglish carried shoulder high round Easter Road.
- First league medal for entire first eleven apart from McGrain and Dalglish.
- Hibs legend Pat Stanton wins his only league medal (ironically) at Easter Road
- Celtic's 10th league title under Jock Stein's management.
ReviewJoe Craig is the hero with the title winning goal. Pity the cameras weren't there to record it for posterity. Celtic fans pack Easter Road and celebrate long into the night.
McArthur Brownlie Schaedler Brazil Stewart Bremner Edwards Smith MacLeod Duncan Scott Subs: McNamara Carroll
Latchford McGrain Lynch Stanton MacDonald Aitken Doyle Glavin (Burns) Craig Dalglish Conn Sub: Edvaldsson
Goal: Craig 63
Referee: W Anderson (East Kilbride)
- Match Report (see end of page below)
Latest page update: made by st.anthony
, Feb 6 2013, 4:40 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by st.anthony
1 image added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page