|Match Pictures | Matches: 1918 – 1919 | Pictures: 1918 Pics – 1919 Pics
- The game was held up for half an hour as both teams struggled to field a full eleven due to the Spanish Flu epidemic. In the event Celtic had two debutants, Billy Mitchell and Paddy Corcoran and they loan Tom McGregor to Dumbarton for his debut for that side.
- The Glasgow Herald of Monday 28 Oct damns Celtic with faint praise attributing the margin of their victory not so much to their skill but to the absence of the oppositions regular centre-forward and goalkeeper. LINK
- The Herald also reported that T. P. O'Connor chaired a meeting of The United Irish League in Manchester where a resolution was carried that: "We denounce the present system of militarist and coercionist government in Ireland, with internment without trial for an indefinite term of imprisonment, with savage sentences and exile for either trivial or purely imaginary offences, with its enthronement in Dublin Castle of the old gang of Orange officials, spies and agent provocateurs…etc.
- The Herald reports that Allepo has been captured by allied forces and the 12,000 man garrison of Turks has fled to the north.
Hart, McGrory, McLaughlin, Trialist, Burns, McGregor, Ritchie, McEwan, McKim, Finnie, Thom
Scorers: McLean (2), Burns (2), Cringan
- Match Report (see end of page below)
- Match Pictures