|Match Pictures | Matches: 1918 – 1919 | Pictures: 1918 Pics – 1919 Pics
- Adam McLean's shot with 7 minutes to go is enough to give the bhoys the two points.
- Monday's Glasgow Herald which carries the brief match report below, also features an advertisment by J. Lizars, optician of Buchanan St. Glasgow for "The Lorgnette". A vision aid suitable for out of door use or where veils are worn. Available in Shell, Gold-filled, Gold, Silver and oxodised metal they are priced from half a guinea upwards. LINK
- The Herald also carries Casualty Figures for the previous week of 207 officers and 5,297 men.
- The Herald carries reports of the success of Italian troops against the Austrians with the capture of 100,000 troops and 2,200 guns which together with a landing at Trieste in effect takes Austria out of the war.
- Donald McKenzie, treasurer of the Kyles of Bute Lodge of Ancient Shepherds' Friendly Society was tried at Dundee Sheriff Court with appropriating £177 of funds and after a lengthy trial the chare was found to be not proven.
A. Hart, Orrock, W. Sneddon, A. Pollock, Riddell, H. McKenna, Hatie, J. Grainger, Sutherland, C. Duncan, Thomson
- Match Report (see end of page below)
- Match Pictures
The Glasgow Herald, Monday, Nov. 4 1918
As the Celtic forwards did not give unqualified satisfaction when scoring heavily at Dumbarton, they may be written down as disappointing in only scoring once at home against St. Mirren. McLean, preferred before Burns as Gallagher’s partner, secured the point with a splendid shot, and in other respects justified the choice; a forward who can make himself at home at centre or on either wing must be reckoned as useful.