|Match Pictures | Matches: 1918 – 1919 | Pictures: 1918 Pics – 1919 Pics
- Patsy puts the Celtic in front after 15 minutes, but 2 minutes after the break, Hearts, fielding the vastly experienced David Neave at outside-left, equalised through Wilson.
- The Glasgow Herald of Monday November the 11th, 1918, has as a headline on its Association Football section “Rangers’ Splendid Isolation” which was a bit of an exaggeration given that only 12 games had been played and they were only 4 points clear of Celtic with 23 points at the top of the table.LINK
- Despite the war being as good as over the casualty figures for the past week reported in the Glasgow Herald are 161 officers and 4,627 men.
- Columbia Records advertises the records of Madame Clara Butt on page 10 and in particular her recording of "Abide With Me" on sale for seven shillings.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN:
- Match Report (see end of page below)
- Match Pictures
The Glasgow Herald, Nov 11, 1918
The Celtic forwards were as cleverly ineffective as usual, but one goal resulting from pressure that was more sustained than satisfying. The Tynecastle players appreciated the leniency of their opponents, and lost no time in equalising after crossing over.