|Match Pictures | Matches: 1918 – 1919 | Pictures: 1918 Pics – 1919 Pics
- Only one of two league defeats for Celtic all season, the other being a 3-0 defeat to Rangers. Celtic went on to win the league title by just 1pt over Rangers.
- The Glasgow Herald of Monday 11 December advertises top billing at the Empire Theatre, Glasgow for "Gilday & Fox, The Famous Hebrew Comedians". LINK
- The Herald also features an article entitled "Alleged Bribery of the Press", dealing with the practice of paying money to court officials to keep cases out of the press. A gag on reporting allegation that was withdraw.
- With the war over the Herald reports that the King is at the front and war correspondent Philip Gibbs tells of how the Burgomaster of Cologne has asked the army for British troops to quell the rioting by the "low element of the civil population".
- Final match for loanee Pat Corcoran
- Match Report (see end of page below)
- Match Pictures
COMMERCIALISM IN FOOTBALL
The Motherwell players did not make the mistake of over estimating their Parkhead opponents. They merely treated the ex-champions as an average eleven, and proceeded to reduce them to mediocrity. The Firpark forwards exhibited that cohesion, skill and dash formerly associated with the Celtic attack, and only the vigilance of Shaw, McNair and Cringan averted a rout.